roller-user mailing list archives

From tsarfion <nabble...@trampenau.ch>
Subject Content-Type in HTTP-Header is ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:56:19 GMT

I'm using Roller 3.0 RC3. Some pages have the charset ISO-8859-1 instead of
UTF-8 in the HTTP header. It is the case for all the pages with a *.do path
in the URL at least.

Here is a response with a wrong charset:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:04:43 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.14 PHP/4.3.10-16

389a
<head>
<title>Front Page: New Entry</title>

When I edit a text with German umlauts it does not get stored correctly in
the database and does not display correctly. When I switch the encoding to
UTF-8 manually in my browser and save a message with umlauts, it is stored
and correctly. When a view the web log entry as a guest, the charset in the
HTTP response is UTF-8.

The code in the JSPs and the configuration settings seem to set the charset
correctly.

Thank you for your help.
tsarfion