roller-user mailing list archives

From "Lihn, Steve" <horng_twu_l...@merck.com>
Subject LDAP connection lasts for 2 minutes
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:47:28 GMT
Hi,
Anybody has any idea to this LDAP issue?
Acegi developers did not reply...
Thanks,

  Steve Lihn

-----Original Message-----
From: acegisecurity-developer-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:acegisecurity-developer-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Lihn, Steve
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:00 PM
To: 'acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Acegisecurity-developer] LDAP connection lasts for 2 minutes

Hi,
We are using Acegi's LDAP auth provide for Roller 3.0. The Directory
Services department contacted me yesterday explaining Acegi made connection
to LDAP, but not releasing it for about 2 minutes. They said, the binding of
the user DN was released immediately, but the application id (manager DN)
binding is hanging for too long. They questioned why it can not be released
immediately?

Is there a timeout parameter I can set in Acegi for this problem?

  Steve Lihn

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.