roller-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Johnson" <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Own theme for Roller's main page
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:22:15 GMT
On 7/31/06, slitzu <slitzu@luukku.com> wrote:
> Where are all the files Roller is using on its main page? I found only the
> Roller logo in /theme/tan/two-bigbadge.gif but I can't find any jsp or css
> file that calls that image. I want to create my own layout, not only for my
> weblog but also for this main page and other pages (search etc.) that user
> may have to use but I don't know where to start.

In Roller 2.X the main page is created by Struts/Tiles and a set of
JSP pages, the main one being main.jsp.

In Roller 3.0, which is almost ready for alpha testing, we have made
the frontpage into it's own blog. When you install Roller, you
designate one weblog to be the frontpage weblog and you can customize
it's theme just as you would customize any other theme plus you can
display site-wide data there not just blog entries from the frontpage
blog itself.

- Dave