roller-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Johnson" <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1) locale ; 2) Included in JSF page
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:11:44 GMT
On 7/26/06, Dave <javaone9@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new to Roller, and have two questions:
>
>   1.  Will Roller use browser's locale by default?

The web UI of Roller will use the browsers locale by default, but
generally blog pages will not.

In Roller 3.0 we're introducing special support for multi-language
blogs, but we won't use the brower's default locale -- instead we'll
make locale-specific content available at differerent URLs.

>   2.  How to include Roller Recent Weblog Entries and Hot Blogs in a JSF page(a different
application)? Is there a Roller Java API for this purpose?

You'll probably want to parse Roller's RSS or Atom feeds using your
favorite XML parser (or better yet ROME) and then display that in your
JSF page.

- Dave