roller-user mailing list archives

From "Guy Katz" <gk...@allot.com>
Subject RE: incorporating recent blog post in a different web application
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:45:08 GMT
Thanks dave, Just what I needed.
Now I see I can configure a ping location poiting a a servlet I will
write in my portal application so that it knows when it should re-parse
the rss feed from roller.
Can you please point me to some docs regarding the actual ping protocol
(is it a simple HTTP request, what request parameters I should expect
etc...)
Thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Johnson [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:36 PM
To: roller-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: incorporating recent blog post in a different web
application

You can Roller's Atom (or RSS) feeds to get the information you want.

You can get the site-wide feed from http://localhost:8080/roller/atom
or an individual blog's feed from
http://localhost:8080/roller/<bloghandle>/atom.

Use ROME (http://rome.dev.java.net) to parse the feed(s) into a Java
object model and some JSP code to display the results.

- Dave