roller-user mailing list archives

From "Anil Gangolli" <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject Re: custom ping targets
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 02:40:39 GMT

Sorry for the very late response.

Try turning on debug logging for the following categories, by putting these
lines in your log4j.properties in WEB-INF/classes under the roller webapp
and restarting:

log4j.category.org.apache.roller.presentation.pings.WeblogUpdatePinger=DEBUG
log4j.category.org.apache.roller.presentation.weblog.actions.PingSetupAction=DEBUG

Then try a sending test ping ("Send Ping Now") on this target from the Pings
tab on your blog.

People all over the net have been complaining that the yahoo ping receiver
has started returning 403 Forbidden on this URL.  I'm not sure if this is
intentional on Yahoo's part or something else.  It doesn't seem to be solely
a Roller issue though.  I suspect you're getting this as well.

The icerocket issue seems to be different; it looks like it may be a bug in
the xmlrpc code we're using or in the Roller ping code that calls it.  I've
started to investigate. I will let you know what I find.

--a.