roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2011 Final Evaluations- Successfully passed
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:00:02 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:15 PM, shelan Perera <shelanrc@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Let me thank all the developers and users at Roller who helped me out
> through out my GSoC experience.It was one of the wonderful experiences that
> i had.
> I should specially thank my mentor Dave  who helped me through out the
> project, dedicating Friday for online meetings and encouraging me to chat
> and clarify any problems that i had with the development instantly. It was a
> really wonderful experience to be a mentee of him.
>
> I had the complete freedom to design , discuss and then implement.There were
> some difficulties while developing.Sometimes i had to dump a whole lot of
> implementation and
> start from scratch since this development related to core changes and i
> should come up with the best possible result.I learnt a lot of things and
> got guidance from amazing people.
>
> This is the starting of my journey with Apache Roller, So i will contribute
>  more with all possible capacity. Here are some of the documentations[1] and
> blogs[2] that you can read to get an understanding about the project.
>
> Thank you,
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Proposal+HTML5+Mobile+Template+for+Apache+Roller
> [2] http://rollermobile.blogspot.com/

Thanks to you too, Shelan. You've done a great job with the design,
code and publicizing your plans so that the community could offer
feedback. I'm looking forward to using mobile templates on my blog
myself. It was a pleasure to work with you and to talk via Skype on
many summer Fridays.

I'm working now on merging your changes into Roller trunk, and taking
a close look at each change. I'd like to see a Roller 5.1 release with
this new feature and some bug fixes, so I'll also write up issues for
the remaining work to be done.

Thanks again Shelan! and thanks to Google Summer of Code as well.

- Dave

--
Dave M. Johnson
Apache Roller PMC Chair