roller-dev mailing list archives

From Edd Grant <...@eddgrant.com>
Subject Can't build Roller trunk in Maven (revision 905673)
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:29:14 GMT
Hi All,

I have checked out the latest SVN trunk (revision 905673) and am trying to
build Roller using Maven. The following tests are failing:

1:
testUpdateSubscription(org.apache.roller.planet.business.SingleThreadedFeedUpdaterTest)
2: testFetchFeed(org.apache.roller.planet.business.RomeFeedFetcherTest)
3:
testFetchFeedConditionally(org.apache.roller.planet.business.RomeFeedFetcherTest)

To cheekily try and build the roller distributable by ignoring the test
failures I have run mvn install setting -Dmaven.test.error.ignore=true and
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true, however when I do this I get the following
error at the end of the test phase:

[INFO] [jar:jar {execution: default-jar}]
[INFO] Building jar: C:\Data\granedd\My
Documents\Programming\roller\planet-business\target\roller-planet-business-5.0-BETA2-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: stopdb}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
Stopping Derby
2010-02-02 17:03:11.232 GMT : Apache Derby Network Server - 10.5.3.0 - (802917)
shutdown
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Data\granedd\My
Documents\Programming\roller\planet-business\target\test-classes\derby-system
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: Unable to delete file
C:\Data\granedd\My
Documents\Programming\roller\planet-business\target\test-classes\derby-system\planet_business\derby.log

Interestingly I get exactly the same build error if I skip the tests altogether
by setting -Dmaven.test.skip=true

Has anyone experienced the above issues? I'd be most grateful for any input as
I would like to determine whether this is my own personal problem or whether
it's an issue with the currently committed code?

In case it's of any relevance i'm using the following bits and pieces:
Maven: v2.2.1 (r801777)
JDK: java version "1.5.0_10"
Ant: v1.7.1 (not sure if there are any ant calls in the roller maven poms).

Many thanks,

Edd