roller-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible OpenJPA or Derby bug? Re: svn commit: r911806 - in /roller/trunk
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:56:13 GMT
This is a bit off the wall since I doubt you are using jta
transactions in roller..... however when I worked with derby + openjpa
(quite a while ago) I needed to specify both a jta-data-source and a
non-jta-data-source in the persistence.xml in order to get anything
that wanted a separate tx (such as creating a new sequence value) to
work without totally bizarre and inexplicable errors.  It looked to me
as if whatever in openjpa was suspending/resuming the tx context was
causing derby to completely lose track of what the connection was to.

Like I said... off the wall.... but pretty quick to check.

david jencks