roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Linda" <Linda.Tay...@USPTO.GOV>
Subject RE: Eclipse Setup
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:48:10 GMT
I've been working on the same issue. I'm trying to add threading to the comments. I can get
the web site to run in eclipse by setting up a new Dynamic web project and only adding the
items in the webapp/roller directory to the webcontent folder in the project. I'm using tomcat,
so I needed to point Eclipse to the same Tomcat instance I been using for Roller (with the
mail.jar, JDBC driver, and custom-roller.properties added).

I have not had luck with getting the source to build in Eclipse, since the directories are
different from what Eclipse is expecting. I loaded the source in another project and use Eclipse
to read the code, since I'm just analyzing it.

Linda Taylor
USPTO/OCIO/AED/DEV
600 Dulany Street
MDW-06D18
Alexandria, VA 22314

572-272-5720
From: jason mayer [jason.mayer@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:23 PM
To: dev@roller.apache.org
Subject: Eclipse Setup

Hi, let me preface this with "I'm a complete newbie to Maven".  I'm
trying to import the project into Eclipse now so that I can debug and
see what's going wrong with the ldap authentication.  Is there any
documentation on how to set this project up in a newer version of
eclipse (i.e. 3.4 or later)?  While I've had success deploying the
project, I have not yet had any success getting eclipse set up.  I'd
like to debug so I can see what's preventing my ldap authentication
from working correctly.