roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible OpenJPA or Derby bug? Re: svn commit: r911806 - in /roller/trunk
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:49:37 GMT
I'm tired of banging my head against this problem, so I'm reaching out
for help...

The Maven build works fine on Mac, but under Windows XP the build
fails during testing. The build starts Derby, creates tables and then
runs a bunch of tests. At some point, the tests start failing with an
exception of type java.net.BindException (see below). It's like
OpenJPA or the Derby client somehow lose the connection to Derby.

I have no idea if this is an OpenJPA bug, a Derby problem or a result
of some sin we are committing in the Roller tests/build process. If I
remove the test that is failing, then some other test will fail with
the same problem, so I don't think the problem is specific to one
test.

Any ideas from the OpenJPA or Derby experts out there? What types of
problems would lead to a bind exception on the client-side? What
should I do to debug this?

Thanks,
Dave

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 8:20 AM,  <snoopdave@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: snoopdave
> Date: Fri Feb 19 13:20:20 2010
> New Revision: 911806

> Log:
> Fixes to make more of the Maven build work on Windows XP. Currently, at least on my machine,
the build fails while running weblogger-business tests. After the bind exception below all
tests fail. Maybe we are hitting some weird OpenJPA or Derby Client bug?

> <openjpa-1.2.1-r752877:753278 nonfatal general error>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: java.net.BindException :
> Error connecting to server localhost on port 3219 with message Address already in use:
connect.