roller-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Gangolli <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject location of db creation and migration scripts in Roller 5
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:17:47 GMT
Dave et al.

After building off the recently mavenized trunk, I found that the real
db scripts end up inside the roller-weblogger-business jar under the
classpath /sql/<dbtype>/.  There are still a number of older ones ending
up in the exploded war
target/roller/WEB-INF/classes/dbscripts/<dbtype>.  These probably ought
to go away or be unified with the new ones.

The ClasspathDatabaseScriptProvider is prepending the old path
("/dbscripts/" instead of "/sql/") and not finding the createdb.sql for
automatic creation/upgrade.

It's easy enough to fix the path formation (which I intend to commit to
trunk for now, just so it will work), but I think we ought to consider
whether having the scripts in the jar is the right thing.  It makes any
kind of manual execution or tweaking harder.

On a separate, but related note, once I fixed the problem locating the
createdb.sql resource, the execution of it by the auto installer is
failing after about six tables complaining of an error reading or
parsing the script.  If I manually extract the script from the jar and
run it via mysql, it seems to work fine.  I am still debugging what is
causing that.  It might be some kind of line termination issue or
platform-specific issue.  I am currently working on a Mac.

--a.