roller-dev mailing list archives

From Edd Grant <>
Subject Re: Can't build Roller trunk in Maven (revision 905673)
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:15:44 GMT
Hi All,

I have determined the cause of the test execution failures in SingleThreadedFeedUpdaterTest
and RomeFeedFetcherTest, just thought I'd share my solution in case anyone else is affected
in the same way.
Both tests require internet access and the failures were caused by lack of non-proxied outbound
access whilst at work. As soon as I set a proxy the tests all passed.

I believe that Maven executes tests in a spawned JVM, hence the proxy settings need to be
given to the maven-surefire-plugin rather than to the main Maven JVM. This can be done by
setting the following system properties in the plugin configuration:

      <!-- existing system properties snipped for brevity... -->

I did try and set this in the <pluginmanagement> element of the top level POM hoping
that the settings would be inherited in child POMs, but I think due to the re-definition of
the surefire plugin in certain child POMs the settings never get inherited.

View raw message