roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Harald Wellmann" <Harald.Wellm...@gmx.de>
Subject Localization
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:05:29 GMT
Are there any guidelines for localizing Roller?

I noticed that a lot of strings are missing in the German localization, so I've started filling
in the gaps in the resource bundle ApplicationResources_de.properties on trunk, also fixing
some style and consistency issues in existing translations.

Is there any preferred tool for working on resource bundles? I'm currently using the Eclipse
Resource Bundle editor from http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-rbe/. There might be an
issue with the fact that this tool reorders and reformats the entries, so that a diff with
the previous version is pretty meaningless.

On the other hand, once there is a mandatory tool, your diffs will be a lot more consistent
in the future.

Apart from the tool question, I would like to contribute my changes to the German resources.
Should I just post the file on this mailing list or create a JIRA issue with an attachment?

Best regards,

Harald