roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Konnikov" <konni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roller-photogallery
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:58:50 GMT
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:54:48 +0300, raúl fuenzalida
<aeon.lancer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/24/08, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Pavel Konnikov <konnikov@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Implementation of _all_ features ("page through file uploads",
>> "search",
>> > "thumbnail images", "folder creation user interface", "store metadata
>> for
>> > each file")
>> >
>> > or usability of "whole new interface"?
>> >
>> > "search" feature is very important?
>>
>> Ease of use is probably the most important requirement. The idea is to
>> make significant improvements to the interface to make it easier for
>> folks to upload, browse and blog uploaded files. Most users don't have
>> that many uploads, so if we have good browse then search is less
>> important. Metadata is also less important than ease of use, at least
>> in my mind. You'll need to figure out which features are most
>> important and we'll help you to do that.
>>
>> - Dave

I draw out my vision of UI instead of "figure out".
Now I work at gsoc application text.

> I imagine that a gallery for the uploaded image files should has the
> following options into the interface:
>
> miniatures size: [ small | medium | big ]
> miniatures per page: [ __ ]

> go to page: [ select a page nº ]

May be folder with zoom thumbinails is better than pages?

> ( show | hide ) filename

it is cool only for images

> The image location may be important if the file will be used into the
> weblog or in an external webpage. Then why not add a text input for
> each path:
>
> [ ../resource/folder_name/image_file.img ]
> [ http://www.site.moon/weblog_name/resource/folder_name/image_file.img ]
>
> so the image location can easily be copied to be used into a weblog
> entry or into an external webpage.

imho, link like this <a href="some_url">Copy file URL</a> is better.

And that is my vision: http://konnikov.net/GSoC/2008/uploads.jpg

Welcome to comment.

--
Best regards. Pavel Konnikov