roller-dev mailing list archives

From "raúl fuenzalida" <aeon.lan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roller-photogallery
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:54:48 GMT
On 3/24/08, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You mean the most important requirement for the new feature?
> > > The most important characteristic of the GSoC developer?
> > >
> > Implementation of _all_ features ("page through file uploads", "search",
> > "thumbnail images", "folder creation user interface", "store metadata for
> > each file")
> >
> > or usability of "whole new interface"?
> >
> > "search" feature is very important?
>
> Ease of use is probably the most important requirement. The idea is to
> make significant improvements to the interface to make it easier for
> folks to upload, browse and blog uploaded files. Most users don't have
> that many uploads, so if we have good browse then search is less
> important. Metadata is also less important than ease of use, at least
> in my mind. You'll need to figure out which features are most
> important and we'll help you to do that.
>
> - Dave

I imagine that a gallery for the uploaded image files should has the
following options into the interface:

miniatures size: [ small | medium | big ]
miniatures per page: [ __ ]

go to page: [ select a page nº ]

( show | hide ) filename

The image location may be important if the file will be used into the
weblog or in an external webpage. Then why not add a text input for
each path:

[ ../resource/folder_name/image_file.img ]
[ http://www.site.moon/weblog_name/resource/folder_name/image_file.img ]

so the image location can easily be copied to be used into a weblog
entry or into an external webpage.