roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC Project idea "roller-abdera"
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:27:25 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Gayani Kanchana
<gayanikanchanas@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I like to implement the Roller-Abdera project listed in your idea list. I am
>  currently studying at a university and has played with the stuff like Java,
>  Jsp, Web Bloging , RSS, Atom and a little Abdera. I am very keen on
>  implementing this project. As i have a good experience with Atom  I hope to
>  use Abdera to successfully expose Atom feeds as an alternative to ROME.

Since proposing this project I read that James Snell of the Abdera
project may be able to contribute an existing Abdera-based AtomPub
implementation for Roller in the near future.

If that is the case, this project would be redundant. However, I
wouldn't want to hold off on development of a nice Abdera-based
AtomPub implementation for Roller in hopes of one that may never
arrive.

James, can you say anything about the possibility or timing of an
Abdera-Roller contribution? If such a contribution were made, would it
use the new Abdera 0.4 server framework. If not, I wonder: would
integrating/upgrading your implementation be a suitable GSoC project?

- Dave