roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller Activities proposal for SoC
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:43:08 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Vivien Barousse
<barousse.vivien@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>  I'm Vivien Barousse, 19-years old student in computer science, and I
>  would like to join the Google Summer of Code for this year, and I found
>  the Roller Activities project
>  ( http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#roller-activities )
>  very interesting.
>
>  I wrote a draft of proposal today
>  ( http://wiki.apache.org/general/VivienBarousse/GSoC2008/roller-activities-proposal
), and I would like to know what you're think about it. Do you think I should add/modify/delete
something ? Are they part I should make more consistent ?

Hi Vivien,

Thanks, that's a very good start; nice format and I'm happy to see you
have included a schedule -- that's helpful. I also like the idea of
integrating Twitter and other micro-blogging status messages too, but
that is beyond the scope of what I originally proposed.

I'm not sure if having a separate status/activities table makes sense
or not. I think there are definitely some advantages to treating
status like weblog entries. Anybody else on the dev list want to
comment on that?

- Dave