roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roller-photogallery
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:33:39 GMT
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Pavel Konnikov <konnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:57:50 +0300, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >>  What is the main criteria for application?
>  >>

> > You mean the most important requirement for the new feature?
>  > The most important characteristic of the GSoC developer?
>  >
>  Implementation of _all_ features ("page through file uploads", "search",
>  "thumbnail images", "folder creation user interface", "store metadata for
>  each file")
>
>  or usability of "whole new interface"?
>
>  "search" feature is very important?

Ease of use is probably the most important requirement. The idea is to
make significant improvements to the interface to make it easier for
folks to upload, browse and blog uploaded files. Most users don't have
that many uploads, so if we have good browse then search is less
important. Metadata is also less important than ease of use, at least
in my mind. You'll need to figure out which features are most
important and we'll help you to do that.

- Dave