roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roller-atomexport
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:12:04 GMT
Comments below...

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fortunately it's not that difficult to implement the Atompub impl.
>  However, I'm not exactly sure what "roller-atomexport" means.

It's an idea for Google Summer of Code:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#roller-atomexport

FYI: here are the details:

By accessing Roller's existing AtomPub interface you can get all of
your blog entries and all of your file uploads, but how do you get the
rest of your blog data out of Roller? If you exposed all Roller data
via AtomPub collections, you could make it very easy for folks to
extract their data from Roller. You would need to support new Atom
collections for comments, bookmarks, templates, categories and weblog
settings. And, you'd need to define some Atom format extensions to
hold some Roller specific setting (blog entry plugins, comment rules,
etc.). Develop something good enough and you could get other blog
vendors to support it too; you could solve the whole blog data
portability problem once and for all! You can choose to use Roller's
existing ROME AtomPub implementation or develop a new one with Abdera
(see also roller-abdera).

- Dave