roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roller-atomexport
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:14:05 GMT
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Ruchira Wageesha <rwageesha@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am a university student and interested in Roller-atomexport project idea.
>  I have done some projects regarding web services and have a good experience
>  in JAVA, JSP, REST, XML, WSDL, Web Services, XSLT, XPath. One of the project
>  i've done is here at http://ww2.wso2.org:8080/form2wsdl2test/ for testing
>  which is done using XSLT and Java. Although I have an experience in those
>  areas I am new to Abdera and Rome. but I am leaning these things right now.
>  Will these be enough to enrol  with roller-atomexport project? And also how
>  could I know more information regarding the requirements of the project?
>  wageesha

Hi Ruchira,

Thanks for your interest!

If you've got good knowledge of and experience with Java, JSP, REST
and XML then you've definitely got the prerequisites for this project.
I don't have any requirements for the project other than those listed
on the project ideas page, so the way to learn more is to start asking
questions here on the list.

You'll need to know either ROME or Abdera to do the project. Abdera is
probaly the best choice, but it may require a little more work because
Roller's current AtomPub implementation is based on ROME.

With Abdera, you'll have to create the entire AtomPub implementation
and then add on the import/export features. I added James Snell, the
Abdera guy, to the CC list of this email because he has done that
before and may wish to comment.

- Dave