roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave <>
Subject Re: roller-openid
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:01:26 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Tharindu Mathew <> wrote:
>  I'm interested in the roller-openid project idea. I have done 3 or 4 Java
>  projects now and have a fair expereince in Java programming. I like to get
>  into security but haven't exactly done a project regarding that so my
>  experience in that field is limited.

BTW, for others, here's the link for the Roller OpenID project:

>  Will this be a problem with this project?

I don't see why there would be a problem, all you need are smarts and
some Java/web development experience.

You can start by doing a little research to figure out if you are
really interested. You'll need to learn about OpenID, Tomcat (or
Glassfish), MySQL (or Derby), Spring Acegi (and/or OpenSSO), Struts 2,
possibly some JPA Subversion and Ant. Also, there are some notes on
how to build Roller, how to contribute code and some architecture
presentations here on the Roller wiki:

And the user, install and template docs (and binary downloads of
Roller) are here:

And please feel free to ask any questions you like on the dev list,
we're here to help.

- Dave

View raw message