roller-dev mailing list archives

From Angel Vera <gun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Another idea
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:59:06 GMT
Hi Kirill,

There was some previous discussion about converting the ant scripts to maven, but the development
community of roller by majority decide not to do so as we (I am not a roller developer but
a roller-tools developer) didn't see any benefit on doing so.

You can read more about this in the following thread: http://www.nabble.com/Maven2-build-td15406167s12275.html
.

If you are interesting on improving the build process (or in creating a new project for gsoc)
my suggestion would be to create a guide or a ant script that would make the current svn source
code work in eclipse. A lot of people (including myself) have been asking for an easy way
of supporting eclipse with the current directory structure. The community of developers/hackers
that use eclipse as an IDE find it difficult and painfull to stay up to date with the svn
HEAD code because the directory structure is just not setup in a way that eclipse can easily
understand it. Creating a ant script that a developer can run to create an eclipse friendly
directory would be a very useful tool to stay up to date with the svn head directory structure.

But you probably need to get Dave's agreement before you start working on such a thing.

----- Original Message ----
From: Kirill Kosinov <kirill.kosinov@gmail.com>
To: dev@roller.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:30:44 AM
Subject: Another idea

Good day.

Unfortunately i didn't receive any reply to my previous post, so i may
conclude
that previous idea is uninteresting. So i decided to propose another one.
When i downloaded sources of roller i saw that building and configuring
of project is not very comfortable.
I think that storing jar's in svn looks not good.
Today many apache projects use maven for building, and i wonder why
roller doesn't?
I used appfuse and the way in which maven is used there looks great.
So i propose to improve roller build scripts. If this idea is not enough
for gsoc,
it may be only my issue to roller's community.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new
Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
http://mail.yahoo.ca