roller-dev mailing list archives

From Angel Vera <gun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code ideas for Roller?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:52:41 GMT
Ian,

In regards to #2

I built a migration framework that will allow users to migrate their data from other blog
softwares. The code is split in the framework and the actual adopter implementation. In my
case I created an adopter class for my own needs that works very well when migrating from
Blojsom (a competitive blog software)

I like the idea of expanding this code.. and I think that is a good google summer code experience
if there is a interesting (from the roller community) in having this working.

I also like your #3 idea.. :)

One extra idea would be to provide some interface (framework/gui) way to allow more easily
changing the themes stylesheet.

----- Original Message ----
From: Ian Kallen <ikallen@technorati.com>
To: dev@roller.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:37:39 PM
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code ideas for Roller?

Hey Dave,
Here's my list:
1. OpenID (identity provider and relying party) and perhaps infocard
support so that roller installations don't necessarily have to be ID
silos in the absence of any enterprise ID system integration (LDAP,
yadda yadda)
2. As Sean and Allen said, theme migration is huge, in general data
migration competitive-upgrade tools would also be slick (in general, a
tool that uses metaWeblog and APP to smoothly migrate between blogging
platforms would be a huge contribution to the blogging ecosystem)
3. Small device admin interfaces, Mashable just had nice coverage of
blogging from your phone
http://mashable.com/2008/03/10/blogging-phone-tools/ ... looked great
but no roller

best,
-Ian

Dave had written and probably intended:

--
Ian Kallen || Architect, Technorati Inc. || m: 415.505.5208
blog@ http://www.arachna.com/roller/page/spidaman

http://www.flickr.com/gift/