roller-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <Allen.Gillil...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ACL for viewing individual posts?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:58:39 GMT
I don't think anyone here would be "diametrically opposed" to the idea,
but after you start to work on the design a bit you may find that the
reality of implementing this may be difficult to get everyone to swallow.

I think the idea is interesting and I would certainly be willing to
listen to more about it.  I think one reason why this idea may not have
caught on in Roller (and other blog software?) before is that to make
use of it you really need to take the blog software and incorporate it
into a larger software stack which handles how to manage the community
you are talking about WRT "reader privileges".  Roller is focused just
on the publishing aspect right now.

-- Allen