roller-dev mailing list archives

From Kirill Kosinov <kirill.kosi...@gmail.com>
Subject roller-mobile
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 06:07:10 GMT
Good night, or good day everyone.

I’m student and I have red a lot about gsoc. During my education i
worked on some projects (for money and experience):  b4u.whiteants.net,
www.appek.org, I am also scjp. It’s not my own projects, I was a part of
team.

I have experience is struts (1 -2),  spring, brief knowledge of
velocity. I wrote small projects is j2me.

I'm interested in roller-mobile task. It’s new for me, and idea is great
to write a good mind into blog while being in a subway. Unfortunately
<http://lingvo.yandex.ru/search.xml?rpt=slovari&st_translate=2&CardId=SdW5mb3J0dW5hdGVseQ,,;L0B;3;0;1;0;8;9>

I haven’t much experience in mobile applications, also I haven’t iPhone,
Аpple has nice sdk, but it is for Mac Os only. Google android has free
sdk and I can develop web ui for this if possible. What about iPhone I
see only one solution at this moment: to test an application using
iphonetester.com site, it requires a web java hosting, but I think that
I can ask it in our university.

So, want to use android sdk for testing in the beginning, then if all
will be good  I can use iphonetester.com. It is appropriate? I ask you
about it because of this project is connected with testing on mobile
devices and my sony erricson is rather old for this :-). It makes no
nevermind, if I test it on emulators?