roller-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Levy <David.L...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How do I include *.txt file contents in a Roller Page
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:22:52 GMT
Rich

I am unsure of what you're looking to do, but I hope the following helps.

I have customised the currency theme and moved towards having a bunch of
includes. I usually put the file in to the templates directory and use
the preceding underbar convention e.g. _banner

The following code then includes it into the weblog file

    #includeTemplate($model.weblog "_banner")

In my case _banner contains html code and is an ascii file (I think)

For this to work on each article, my theme came with an _day file within
which is a loop

     #foreach( $entry in $entries )

the enclosed code is executed for each article

I place the code to display the affinity/posting buttons after each
article in this loop. See http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy

http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy/entry/voting_in_the_blogosphere shows
example code for this usage.

You can include your text file within this loop.

http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy/tags/roller may also have some hints.

--

Dave

*David Levy *
*Chief Technologist*
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Global Sales & Services

Sun Microsystems Ltd.
55, King William St.,
London EC4R 9ND United Kingdom

Phone +44 (0) 20 7469 9908/x18308
Mobile +44 (0) 7710-360922
Blog http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy
Email David.Levy@Sun.COM

Sun Proprietary & Confidential . This e-mail message is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,, please contact the