roller-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ACL for viewing individual posts?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:00:50 GMT
Just to be absolutely clear, you are interested in setting the
permissions per blog entry, not per blog?

I don't know how people use this stuff or want to use it but to me it
seems like if I was going to go to the trouble of setting up
permissions for something I'd assign them to a blog so that would
provide a convenient re-use point.

I had an idea about "hierarchical blog names" sort of like group/
subgroup/.../blogname. From my naive perspective of not knowing what
you want to do it seems to me as if this, together with assigning
view permissions to blogs, provides a convenient way to group "your"
blogs and assign permissions to specific sets of entries.  On the
other hand this might be a solution in search of a problem.

thanks
david jencks