roller-dev mailing list archives

From Story Henry <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code ideas for Roller?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:48:55 GMT
Good idea Ian.

I would add to this the following reading from the distributed
information group at MIT, where they show how open social networks
using foaf and openid can work together to create a distributed and
evolving web of trust

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/206

the idea is to crawl foaf files from certain people (those that have
an account perhaps), extract the people who have openid, and give them
priviledged access.

read the article for a good implementation idea. I think doing this
should be both easy and a good way to get a little practical semantic
web experience. I'd be happy to help out.

	Henry