roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Harsha Halgaswatta" <harsha.halgaswa...@gmail.com>
Subject collaborating on the roller photogallery
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:06:52 GMT
dear all

        I'm a level 3 undergraduate of the Department of Computer Science &
Engineering of the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I have participated in
some Open Source development with MySql community. I'm really passionate in
java and some web frameworks such as Struts2 and Spring,
    I am interested in joining apache roller with its endeavor to serve the
open source community.Indeed i just though about the photo
gallery.Asplaying with images would be an inspired task for everyone i
just though it
would be an essential one.Currently i am familiar playing with JPEG
formats.But hope to extend my experience with other formats.
    As being a blog server it needed a separate interface for uploading
images while doing further editing,resizing etc.Further this new interface
should provide the blogger user with  browsing or searching facility among
previously uploaded images.I am hoping to implement this mechanisms(image
uploading,resizing, anchoring images, editing with proper tools and upload
again ) using java.

I am hoping new ideas upon this clarification if it is just to making a file
uploading mechanism in point of a blog server view

Thanking you.
regards
hala