roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Harsha Halgaswatta" <harsha.halgaswa...@gmail.com>
Subject collaborating on a project
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:29:53 GMT
Dear all
I am a level 3 Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at University
of Moratuwa,Sri Lanka.Currently i have almost finished implementing  a
member section at E-channelling (pvt) Ltd which is the market leader of
health care system upon online channel booking system and first listed
company in Colombo stock exchange.I developed  this project from the scratch
using STRUTS2 web framework.I am now fairly familiar those areas
passionating specially on JAVA.

I am interested in collaborating on apache roller photogallery.I have listed
up my idea below
Pl comment on that weather my intention is true as expected.

As it is just lacking a photo and file uploading mechanism in roller blog
server, it would be better to have efficient mechanism to upload  photos and
files. The cream of  having such a mechanism in point of roller view is it
would support the roller users(web logger users ) in a convenient and
interesting  way than it is used to be as playing with images , photos ,and
documents may inspire the user.

The intention of this project is to create such a attractive interface for
uploading images while browsing, searching uploaded files. Further it would
allow any images to be changed, resized , edit etc.

The top most interface of this photogallery should be attractive covering
primary functionalities (uploading photos , images ,files ,etc) and browsing
or searching  those previously uploaded stuff*. *This interface also supply
the images with resizing facility or editing facility while allowing pre
stored images view in thumbnail mode.

            I am really passionate with struts2 framework, So I hope it
would not be difficult for me to integrate my logics with the server side
implementation  after extracting  the flavour of Roller's Struts 2 action
infrastructure.

Regards
hala