roller-dev mailing list archives

From richiebaby <rich.jo...@logica.com>
Subject How do I include *.txt file contents in a Roller Page
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:07:29 GMT

Hi,

Using Roller V4

I am looking for a way to include a page within all my weblogs where the
body text contents can change for each blog but the holding page is the
same, much like an About this blog page.

So far I have created a new Roller template called about and within the
about template I would like to include the contents of a .txt file that
currently resides in the file uploads (if anybody else knows of a better
method for my requirement then please let me know).

>From looking at this forum and reading the Roller manual and velocity user
guide, it does look like this is not default Roller functionality. However,
I wanted to ask in case I have missed a simple solution.

I tried using the #include method found in the velocity user guide:

http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/user-guide.html
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/user-guide.html

but this causes my page to break, I noticed in the user guide it mentions
TEMPLATE_ROOT, could somebody please explain this?