roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Raible" <mrai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Roller (incubating) 3.0 available for download
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:37:02 GMT
On 11/8/06, Allen Gilliland <allen.gilliland@sun.com> wrote:
> I don't understand where you got the idea that you needed to do that
> work manually?  Did you try looking on the global settings page?  Both
> of those properties are set at runtime from that page, and in fact when
> you first deployed 3.0 the frontpage should have told you what steps you
> needed to do with links to the right place to do them.

I did see the front-page and I did go through the UI to try and set
these values.  When I clicked "save", the values didn't get updated.
After I added the name/value pairs to the database, the values saved
fine.  I suspect an issue with the database upgrade script.  Here's
what I did to upgrade my database:

mysqldump raible > raible.sql
scp'd to local machine
mysqladmin create roller
mysql roller < raible.sql
cd 3.0/WEB-INF/dbscripts
mysql roller < 2.3-to-2.4.sql
mysql roller < 2.4-to-3.0.sql

That seems to be the normal upgrade path, no?

> If that didn't happen then something is wrong with your environment.
> Maybe you have relics from older versions lying around or something?

I did this with the the downloads Dave posted, the download from
java.net and my upgraded database.  I did not mix the files from my
current site with the files from the release, save for copying in the
andreas08 theme.

> At the very least those properties should have been in the db with their
> default values.  Again, if that's not what happened then I might suspect
> that your whole upgrade went amiss and there are possible other problems
> which could have happened.

I agree with you and I hope there's a problem with the way I'm upgrading.

I checked the dbscripts for MySQL and "site.frontpage.weblog.handle"
doesn't exist in any of the scripts.  How would it have entered into
my database?  Does it get added on-the-fly when you save the website
settings page? If so, the inserting of new name/value pairs seems to
be failing on my database.

Thanks,

Matt

--