roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Halley Pacheco de Oliveira" <halle...@gmail.com>
Subject Contribution - Apache Roller 2.3 - Installation Guide - Apache Derby Embedded Database Version
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 12:17:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm contributing the Apache Roller 2.3 - Installation Guide - Apache
Derby Embedded Database Version. This document is identical to the
original Apache Roller 2.3 - Installation Guide, but with MySQL
substituted by Derby in the examples.

I used the Apache DB Project page
"Embedding Apache Derby in Tomcat and creating an iBATIS JPetStore Demo",
written by Stan Bradbury, in
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html
as a reference to install and test Roller with Derby before doing the
modifications to the document.

Also, I used the Derby version 10.2 alpha snapshot to install Derby,
because I couldn't use the  Latest Official Release 10.1.2.1 due an
exception (trying to get CLOB from VARCHAR) when creating the Weblog.

If possible, I would like to be informed about any error found in this document.

Best wishes,
Halley