roller-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Johnson" <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Styled RSS/Atom feeds in Roller 3.0 and a question about defaults
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:49:35 GMT
On 7/25/06, Allen Gilliland <allen.gilliland@sun.com> wrote:
> I agree with both points, they should optional, and the default should
> be enabled.
>
> However, you didn't really elaborate on what you meant by optional.  I
> think that they should be optional both globally and at the weblog
> level, and i believe that individual weblog owners should have the
> ability to modify their stylesheet.
>
> I think you should also put them in a different location, since we have
> basically EOLed that old /theme/* directory now.  Somewhere under
> /roller-ui/ would be better.
>
> And I think it would be nice if it was just a pure .xsl file, rather
> than adding logic to it and making it a jsp.  Maybe each theme should
> maintain it's own xsl file?

Those are all good ideas but I think what we have not works fine, is a
great improvement over what we had before and doesn't lock us into
anything that we can't very easily change in a future release.

Any additional functionality (e.g. making style sheets optional at
both weblog or site level, allowing custom per-weblog XSL transforms,
etc.) are nice RFEs but are not required for 3.0.

I think we should should make style-sheets a site-wide option and
default it to ON. In a later release we can start getting fancy and
allowing users better control over their feeds.

- Dave