roller-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <allen.gillil...@sun.com>
Subject Re: New version of multidomain in roller
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:24:08 GMT
Shervin,

I haven't had time to actually download your patch and play around with
it yet, but just so that you know there are going to be a couple of
problems in terms of getting this committed back to Roller.

1. The Roller project has made significant changes since version 2.1
which you based your patch off of, so there is basically no chance that
we can apply your patch to the current code base as is.

2. We typically only accept patches for smaller, more focused, changes
like bug fixes unless they have gone through some form of proposal and
review.  Major features like this are important enough that the
developers like to see how things are being done before signing off, and
you didn't do this.

I don't want to sound discouraging because this is definitely a feature
that interests us and seems like a nice thing to be included in Roller,
but you've got to help us a little bit by going through some of our
process.  Even though you've already done all (or most) of the work it
would help to see a design proposal on the wiki so that we can
understand how you did this work and others on the list can discuss it.

-- Allen