roller-dev mailing list archives

From Shervin Asgari <sher...@linpro.no>
Subject Irritating problem, please help
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:03:55 GMT
Hello roller developers.

This tiny problem has caused me a headache for the past two days and I
am becoming blind of my own code. That is why I really need help to
catch the thing I have forgotten or done wrong.

I am developing the domain administrator for the multi domain part in
roller. I have created a new role called domainadministrator and for the
users that are domainadministrators I wanted a link to come on
YourWebsitesSidebar that points to domainAdministrator.jsp
I have done this, the link appears for the new role, however, when I
push this link I get the following error:

ERROR 2006-07-05 11:51:55,469 RequestProcessor:processMapping - Invalid
path /admin/domainAdministrator was requested

I have in the global-forwards.xml written
<forward name="domainAdministrator"
path="/admin/domainAdministrator.do"/>
and the link from YourWebSitesSidebar.jsp is:
     <h3>
                    <roller:link forward="domainAdministrator">
                       <fmt:message
key="yourWebsites.domainAdministrator" />
                    </roller:link>
    </h3>

So as you can see, it should be able to locate
/admin/domainAdministrator.do

In the top of my action class I have the following:

-**
* Administer Your Domain
*
* @struts.action name="domainAdministratorForm"
path="/admin/domainAdministrator" scope="request"
*                parameter="method"
* @struts.action-forward name="domainAdministrator.page"
path=".domainAdministrator"
*
* @author <a href="mailto:shervin@asgari.no">Shervin Asgari</a>
*
*/
public class DomainAdministratorAction {
.
.
.
}

However in my struts-config.xml file which is auto generated, I do not
get the Action Mapping Definitions.

I am missing something like this:
<action
     path="/admin/domainAdministrator"

type="org.roller.presentation.website.actions.DomainAdministratorAction"
     name="domainAdministratorForm"
     scope="request"
     parameter="method"
     unknown="false"
     validate="true"

     <forward
       name="domainAdministrator.page"
       path=".domainAdministrator"
       redirect="false"
     />
</action>

What is missing? What have I forgotten to do? Have I some character
errors which I cannot see? All my other Action Mapping Definitions are
correctly auto-generated.

--
Shervin Asgari - System Consultant