roller-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <Allen.T.Gillil...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: About Tags, a proposed data-model
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:37:54 GMT
On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 08:21, David M Johnson wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Allen Gilliland wrote:
> > I prefer the del.icio.us style, where spaces are separators and are
> > not supported in tags.  I think this is the easiest for users to
> > understand and work with.
>
> That's not true. Both Technorati Tags and del.icio.us tags allow
> spaces in tags. I believe we should do the same thing.

I'm pretty sure that del.icio.us doesn't allow multi-word tags or tags
with spaces ...

http://del.icio.us/help/tags

"Tags are one-word descriptors that you can assign to any bookmark. Tags
can't contain quotation marks or whitespace, but are otherwise
unrestricted."

maybe you were talking about spaces as being the tag delimiter?  my
thoughts are that this should be legal ...

tag etc SanFrancisco San_Francisco multiWordTag or_multi_word_tag

but anything like this is not ...

tag "San Francisco" etc

-- Allen