roller-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Allen Gilliland <Allen.T.Gillil...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Tag Table
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:36:51 GMT
On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 12:25, Dave Johnson wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2005, at 12:52 PM, Elias Torres wrote:
> > We have a sample tag implementation started/running in our internal
> > pilot development environment and was wondering if we still have time
> > to sneak in a table before 2.0 is official. If we could do that we
> > could have tagging at some point in 2.x and won't have to wait til
> > 3.0. What do you all think?
> I'm OK with this, because it would be an unused table, easy to 
> change/upgrade later. What does the table look like?

I am actually a mixed bag on this right now.  We still haven't seen an actual proposal on
how tag support would be implemented and I wouldn't feel comfortable approving this blindly.

I hope I am not sound too anal about the proposals, but I think it's in the best interest
of the project if everyone has a chance to review a proposed implementation before making
any significant changes.

Also note that there really doesn't need to be any reason to rush unless you truly feel that
your implementation is almost done, which again would be weird since we haven't seen a proposal.
 We can decide to move to a new major version at any time as long as everyone is agreed. 
That means that we can go from Roller 2.1 to Roller 3.0 as far as I'm concerned.  The purpose
of limiting db changes to major release upgrades was not to make it harder on us to change
the db, but rather to make it easier on users to upgrade.

-- Allen

> > Also, is it ok for me to commit some small changes such as trackback
> > security (limiting trackbacks to URL patterns in
> > optional of course and other small fixes to DB2/Derby to the trunk. We
> > are currently using a custom build internally where we maintain
> > patches to a specific revision number, therefore I'm trying to reduce
> > the number of patches to a minimum.
> I'm committed your trackback security change already, so I assume 
> you're talking about a fix to that? If that's the case then go right 
> ahead.
> - Dave
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Elias
> >

View raw message