river-dev mailing list archives

From bill pickup <bill.pic...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Seasonal djinn blues...
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:53:01 GMT
 Hi Peter,
More from theseasonal djinn…
So, I had a littlemore patience with River 3.0’s unadorned LookupDiscoveryManager,and it
did indeed recognised the existence of an already running 3.0djinn, but only after a fashion.
River 2.3.3’sLookupDiscoveryManager recognises the same djinn immediately.
Also noted was atermination concern with 3.0’s LookupDiscoveryManager, which keepthreads
    sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@blah_thread-0,and    Thread-1 (?)
running permanently.
The former is a bitof a bind, but the latter can be worked around with a system exit of0,
much as must be done in QA.
Kind regards,

Bill