river-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Thompson <br...@blazegraph.com>
Subject Re: [Report] Apache River - Draft
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 13:27:07 GMT
My sense is that it is overly negative.  I think that we made great
progress on agreeing on a new direction, getting beyond some of the
deadlocks that were holding back development, new look and feel for the
site, etc.  It is also significant that committers were added.

It will take a while to get to the point where the project is "healthy" by
the measure of many active committers.  Breaking down the code into more
modular build will help.  Focusing on a broad application area (e.g.,
secure IoT) will help.  This is also a project with production grade code,
which means quite a bit.

So, I would suggest changing the emphasis to how the project is beginning
to execute on its new direction, what that direction is, that new
committers have been added, what they are working on, and how this builds
towards the project goals and a healthier community.

Thanks,
Bryan