river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Development News [PREVIOUSLY] Re: Jini Print API draft standard
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:15:50 GMT
I've started recreating the code for the Jini Print API, it won't be
exactly the same as the draft revision as it will take into account
changes in recent versions of IPP.

https://github.com/pfirmstone/Jini-Print-API

Feel free to fork it if you want to help, before accepting pull requests
however, we'll need to make you a committer to River, so it can be
incorporated into River at a later date if the community so desires.

I'm also very close to being able to publish the JGDMS Maven build to
Maven Central so people can test it and provide feedback we can use for
our River Maven build.

The Maven build is looking incredibly good, so much simpler and easy for
people to digest the central features of the River codebase, no need to
understand how classdepandjar works anymore.

Regards,

Peter.

On 28/04/2017 7:02 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> The jini print api was ratified as a draft standard, part of this draft standard became
the java print api.  While the draft standard was released along with other jini standards
under the Apache License in 2006 by Sun, neither the standard or its implementation was included
in the incubator.

> Does anyone have any saved links / web site details or evidence that the implementation
code was also released under the Apache License?  There's sufficient evidence of the jini
print api javadoc having been released under AL2.0 on the internet archive.