river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: about 3.0 artifacts and announcement
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 21:35:52 GMT
Hi Zsolt,

The release process looks up to date, it doesn't contain any detail on publishing jars to
Maven, as a binary build isn't currently implemented.  Due to a bug in ClassDep that causes
class files to be omitted from jars on occassion, we must run the full test suite to validate
the build.  I also have Apache jar signer certs for signing release jars.

As you're probably aware I'm working on / experimenting with a Maven build on git.  I'm finding
the build process on Maven much simpler, modularity should lower the bar for new developers
as it clearly demarcates components, allowing them to focus on one component. With the recent
discussion surrounding OSGi, I'm also creating bundles to allow us to explore the use of OSGi
to manage the modules at runtime.  Merging & donating this work back to River can occur
as soon as River is tranisitioned to git.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.

  Include original message
---- Original message ----
From: Zsolt Kúti <la.tinca@gmail.com>
Sent: 06/01/2017 06:51:07 am
To: dev@river.apache.org
Subject: about 3.0 artifacts and announcement

Hi,

Can somebody tell if our release process documentation is up-to date:
http://river.apache.org/dev-doc/building-a-release.html

As to the release, the last mail was:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/river-dev/201610.mbox/%3cCAK_o9cH7JPsfd_CK4-pOGb3nswH4R8jB1Kh6=UTWF2c0Ge9V=w@mail.gmail.com%3e

The 3.0.0 release artifacts (no binary) are available from here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/river/
So nothing is against a release announcement on our website, isn't  it?

If nobody else is willing to, I can take a look into how to add our jars to

maven repo,.

Cheers,
Zsolt