river-dev mailing list archives

From "Michał Kłeczek (XPro Sp. z o. o.)" <michal.klec...@xpro.biz>
Subject Re: OSGi
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:03:34 GMT
The problem is that we only support (smart) proxies that reference only
objects of classes from their own code base.
We do not support cases when a (smart) proxy wraps a (smart) proxy of
another service (annotated with different codebase).

This precludes several scenarios such as for example "dynamic exporters"
- exporters that are actually smart proxies.

Thanks,
Michal

Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> I guess I am not sure then what you are trying to show with your example.
>
> Under what case would the SpacePublisher be sent to another VM, and how is that different
from normal SmartProxy deserialization?

 <mailto:michal.kleczek@xpro.biz>>  wrote:

>>> This can happen, but what’s necessary is that the codebase of the SpacePublisher
needs to include all the possible RemoteEvent classes, or the javaspace’s classpath has
to include them.
>> I am not sure I understand.
>> The problem does not have anything to do with RemoteEvent (sub)classes. The issue
is that SpacePublisher cannot be deserialized at all ( except one case when JavaSpace interface
is available from context class loader and it is not marked as preferred in SpacePublisher
code base).