river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Rollo <danro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River revamp
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 01:48:17 GMT
+1 to breaking up code into independently released modules. This would avoid tricky builds
that re-use the same source files to produce different jars containing the same .class files,
and it would ensure interdependencies are validated by build tooling. This approach would
also avoid a “boil the ocean” syndrome where nothing can be released until it’s “all
done”.

-Dan

From: Peter <jini@zeus.net.au <mailto:jini@zeus.net.au>>
Subject: Re: River revamp
Date: November 12, 2016 at 1:25:49 AM EST
To: dev@river.apache.org <mailto:dev@river.apache.org>

We could make this the basis for a new release, almost as is.  I'd need to create some JIRA
issues to capture the changes.  This would include Secure serialization, which is a step towards
secure IoT.

However I'm also tempted to break up the codebase into modules and release each separately;
a further step along the pathe of the secure IoT theme, from the root of the dependency tree.

The qa test suite would remain a separate ant build.

Regards,

Peter.