river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Future of River
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 12:58:35 GMT
To get the feedback you need, you have to reach a far wider audience
than dev@

Including the user@ list is necessary, but far from sufficient.

You need to identify the potential users for your vision, find out where
they discuss things, and meet with them there. Is there a gap that a
reworked River would fill well?

Think in terms of a business plan. You will be asking people to invest
time and energy, not money, but it is still an investment that can only
be motivated by an unmet need.

On 10/8/2016 5:35 AM, Peter wrote:
> Thanks Patricia.
>
> It would be nice if we could hear a little about what people want for
> River going forward.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter.
>

> On 7/10/2016 5:08 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> This message is to change the subject line. These comments are far too
>> important to be mistaken for being part of wrapping up the 3.0 release.
>>
>> On 10/6/2016 10:57 PM, Peter wrote:
>>> To answer my own question, a list of items that require attention:
>>> 1. Modular build.
>>> 2. Improved IPv6 support
>>> 3. Update to TLS v1.2 and update constraints.
>>> 4. Investigate Maven codebase provisioning, do we need to use the
>>> Maven ClassWorlds ClassLoaders, what about proxy identity?
>>> 5. Fix security.
>>> 6. Update website.
>>> 7. Development guide for River devs.
>>> 8. Redundancy?