river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <peter.firmst...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Level of interest and planned activity
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2016 08:01:06 GMT

Thank you Zsolt, for your offer of help and support.  You're right about our need to evangelise,
maybe an article on Dzone would be a good start?  Updating our website, awesome, I can apply
your patches :).

Once it's possible to do so securely, I'll be making a public service registrar available,
discoverable via ipv6 multicast, or https unicast for ipv4 and once the underlying low level
infrastructure is in place, then I'd like to focus on writing tools to assist developers to
remove some of the pain and complexity of securing their services and clients.

People will be able to register their services on this public registrar.

New users can focus on client code first, followed by implementing their own services.

I'm currently working on adding support for a new ServiceRegistrar lookup method to ServiceDiscoveryManager
that allows authentication prior to service and codebase downloads, service or attribute deserialization.
 There are no changes to SDM's public api, just a configuration parameter to choose insecure
lookup, should the user wish to use the slower insecure method of lookup (for compatibility
with an earlier ServiceRegistrar).

The new lookup method allows local filtering to occur prior to service download, allowing
clients to avoid unnecessary downloads.

I've written a number of tests for the new lookup method.

Regards,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.

  Include original message