river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Supporting other serialization protocols
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 07:57:26 GMT
As a first step to supporting other serialization protocols, I'd like to propose making MarshalledInstance
extensible, such that subclass implementations may be stateless.  Also I'd like to propose
using default methods throughout our api to provide replacements where MarshalledObject is
used and deprecate all methods with MarshalledObject.

MarshalledObject is a final class that utilises the JRMP protocol.

MarshalledInstance is non final, factory interfaces could be implemented by subclasses to
enable extensibility.

Regards,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.