river-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Loubser <da...@travellinck.com>
Subject Re: Exporters for other RPC frameworks
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 12:48:51 GMT
I'm going to have a chat to the client (I don't do that much work for
them anymore).
And I will have to dust off what I did, and probably generalise it - it
was for very specific circumstances, developed in a hurry, but it's been
running on a couple of services in production for 4 years, so the basics
hold up :-)

To be honest, I haven't looked at the work you guys have been doing on
River 3 - but that would be a good starting point.

What I did, was basically to write a service (which wraps a web
container), which you could configure to look for other services
(usually by type, but perhaps using other service properties as
selection criteria). It would generate "smart" proxies (which track, and
delegate calls to, a normal Jini service) and expose them as your choice
of web service style (SOAP, REST) and manage them in the embedded web
container.

chat soon -
Dawid