river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Phoenix RMI Registry and jdk9
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:46:25 GMT
Phoenix specific JRMP Exporters for  Activation and Registry don't play well with jdk9 as
they access sun.* classes.

Only the Registry exporter is required, to allow ActivationGroup to find the ActivationSystem
using the RMI Registry.  There are JERI alternatives for all other Phoenix's exported remote
objects.

Phoenix has its own read-only Registry implementation.

I think it would be wise to deprecate all JRMP Exporters, given their recent removal from
the 2.2.x branch.

Phoenix can use the standard RMI registry instead by default, I propose three configuration
entries to allow Phoenix to create a standard RMI Registry using only public hava api's, with
specified port and RMI SocketFactory instances, which allow users to use TLS should they
wish to prevent unauthorised access to the Registry.

Regards,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.